This is again a millet recipe. We make use of Foxtail millet flour and for these heavenly crepes.
This is a quick and easy dessert recipe made with not too many ingredients.
For the batter:
Foxtail millet flour: 1 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
Cane jaggery powder: 2 tbsp
Coconut milk: 1.5 cups
pinch of salt
Water as required
For the drizzle:
Orange: 3 fruits
Honey: 3 tbsp
1. Put all the ingredients under the “for the batter” section and blend together. The consistency should be a bit watery and not like our regular dosai batter.
2. Cover the batter and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
3. Zest the orange and leave aside. Squeeze for juice and keep 2 cups aside.
4. In a flat bottomed saucepan, heat the butter and melt it. Add the orange zest, honey and juice and reduce the flame.
5. Keep stirring the sauce till it reduces to half its volume.
6. After 2 hours, the batter is ready for making the crepes.
7. Heat a non stick pan and spread the batter thinly over the pan. Add butter if needed and cook the crepe on both sides.
8. Serve the crepe hot with the sauce and garnish with grated pistachio.