This is a creamy delight filled with browned button mushrooms and Parmesan cheese. You can use little millet (saamai) for this dish as this particular millet cooks quickly and getting that creamy texture is easy.
Button mushroom – 1box
Millet – 1 cup
Onion – 1 medium size
Parmesan Cheese(grated) – 200gms
Extra virgin olive – 1tsp
Salt & pepper to taste
Cilantro to garnish
1. Chop the onion and mushroom into thin long slices. Add oil to a large flat sauce pan and saute the onion.
2. Once the onion turns translucent, add the mushroom and saute till the mushroom starts to brown.
3. In a separate pan add 2 cups of water and cook the millet(after dry roasting it). Add the millet when the water starts to boil and cook till its well done and drain any excess water.
4. Once the mushroom are browned, add the cooked millet and mix well.
5. Slowly add Parmesan cheese to the pan and mix well. Till a creamy consistency is reached, keep adding the cheese.
6. At this point add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with toasted and roughly broken nuts such as hazelnut, almond or walnuts. Serve hot and enjoy!