- Black Soya 1 cup
- Red onion 1 medium size
- Red, orange or yellow bell pepper 1 each medium size
- Salad leaves 3 cups (use either savoy spinach or lettuce leaves)
- Red Apple half cup
- Sesame Seeds 2 tsp
- Ginger 3 inch piece
- Lemon 1
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil 3 tbsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak the black soya beans in water for 3-4 hours and cook for 2 whistles in a cooker. Drain the excess liquid and keep separately.
- Cut up the red onion, Bell peppers, apple into long thin slices.
- Wash the salad leaves in cold water and tear them up with your hands if the are too big for a mouth full.
- Combine the vegetables, soya beans and leaves in a big bowl.
- Crush the ginger and take the juice from a 3 inch piece. Add lemon juice to it.
- Add Soya sauce, olive oil and honey to it.
- Add Salt and pepper and combine the dressing well.
- Pour over the salad and mix thoroughly.
- Serve after an hour.