We wrote this recipe inspired by a recipe told to us by one of our customers, Mrs.Uma. Thanks mam!
Rosemary Chole Recipe:
White Channa 1cup
Tomato 2 nos
Ginger 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
Garlic 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
Green Chilli 3nos
Coriander to garnish
Garam masala 1tsp
Cooking Oil 1tbsp
Salt to Taste
1. Cook the channa in pressure cooker with 3 cups of water. Add 1tsp of oil. Add 1 twig of rosemary to it. Add a pinch of salt.
2. In a deep pan, add cooking oil. To it add the garlic and ginger and green chilli. Add the chopped onion to it. Once this mixture starts to turn golden brown, add the tomato. Cook for 2-3 mins.
3. Now add the garam masala and cook for an additional 2 mins.
4. Chop up the remaining rosemary into fine bits.
5. Add the cooked channa to the pan and add salt to taste. Check the spice levels.
6. Add the chopped up rosemary and add one or two table spoons of the broth(water in which channa was cooked).
7. Let this cook for 5 mins with a lid on.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander if needed.
Serve with steamed rice or chappati.