Swiss chard is one versatile leafy green.
It can be cooked into a stew, a side dish, added to sambar, cooked as a kootu, cooked with fettucine pasta or just stir fried and eaten with steamed rice.
This is a stir fry recipe specifically for a hurried dinner or lunch.
Garlic cloves-3 to 4
Chilli Flakes-50 gms
Swiss Chard- 500 gms
Cooking Oil- 1tsp
Salt to taste
1. Cut up the leaves and the stem. Finely Chop the garlic cloves.
2. Add oil to a wide-mouthed pan. Add the garlic and chilli flakes to it.
3. Once the garlic turns a brownish colour, add the stems to it and fry for a few minutes before adding the leaves.
4. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Add salt and remove from flame.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice.
6. If you like it to be a little saucy, add a bit of oyster sauce and water. Cook for 5 more minutes and serve.